7.10.2010

EDUCATED YOUTH


Despite the many flaws of my own generation, I will speak for all and say that what we lack in maths and science we make up for in music.  Spend an hour sitting at one of the teen hot-spots of your area and notice the children (and when I say children I mean 12-16 year olds) that pass by you and what they are wearing? You will be shocked by the number of Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Ramones & Rolling Stones T shirts you see. One may say that it it due to Zara diamond encrusting the names of the most respected bands in history, others may say its simplya fashion statement and an attempt to fit in with tha group of cool kids who listen to cool music... Am I a dreamer to actually believe that in this sea of T shirts that strut their stuff by me everyday there are those few kids who wear the name of their idols across their chest out of respect and out of passion? because if so then I am a dreamer, and I'm proud of it...I refuse to believe that music is to such a great extent conenected to fashion, because if it were true, it would mean that music for what it is is underestimated, under appreciated and un important and this to me is tragic. If a child of 11 can appreciate the striking lyrics and gripping riffs of musicians of this level and this era then there is no excuse for us, the 18 year old leaders of our generation to narrow music down to hip hop and RnB and forget about 'those old men' of good old Rock n Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment